First approach weight dropping the natural way. You need to teach your body metabolism to be able to function to its fullest without heavy effort. You can achieve this by moving around more.
Little things like looking after active kids, going around doing household chores, taking regular breaks in office work, will help. If you are into taking walks, walk a longer distance; climb stairs instead of using the lift etc.
These are small efforts and though they will not replace doing regular workouts, the constant activity will definitely help in improving your metabolism. When it comes to doing regular workouts it would be good to use the services of a personal trainer.
- To target a good weight you need to eat different types of healthy nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates and fat. Lean protein, carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables and whole grains and plant-based fats are the ideal combination. You should drink a lot of liquids which will help your body to function well.
- Avoid eating fast food it will not do you any good. Take care to control the portions you eat. If you are in doubt as to which foods to select, check with your personal trainer who has been trained in all aspects of weight control.
- If you are into intense workouts your body may require more food to maintain a high metabolism. In this instance too your personal trainer will be able to guide you as to the right amount of food you should eat.
- After you get up in the morning it is important to do a few easy cardio exercises to keep the metabolism rolling. You can achieve this by taking a half hour run before breakfast. Once you get used to this daily run you will feel more alert and ready to take on the other activities of the day.
- Avoid drinking alcohol – it will only add on extra calories. Instead you can drink water spiced with slices of fruit – a combination that will go with any type of meal.
- Avoid eating junk food or other processed food which is not healthy. Also eating diet products during the day such as packaged bars and different types of shakes will not help you to lose any weight. Pizzas and cheeseburgers are also a ‘no no’ when it comes to healthy eating.
Break old bad habits
After you start working out you might still be tempted to continue with some of your old habits which might prove detrimental to losing weight. Activities like going out for dinner with a group of friends or spending happy hours with your office crowd could prove dangerous.
You have to be ready to change on all fronts and make yourself responsible to indulge only in healthy habits. If you keep in mind your goal to attain significant weight loss, you will be able to be more focused and be able to travel the right path.
Know when to control
You will not reach the weight you are targeting by counting calories and measuring all that you eat. What you need to do is to listen to the hunger signals your body sends out each day. What you should do is satisfy about 80% of your hunger which in turn will work out to having 5-6 smaller meals a day. It is important not to keep the body hungry as you may then end up binging.